Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ole Bull Rough Arching

I have roughed out the arching on the top and back plates for my Ole Bull copy. The arching is left in a very rough state until the purfling is installed. Remember, the current outline of these plates is equal to the outside edge of the purfling outline of the original instrument plus 5mm so that the purfling marker, when set at 5mm, can replicate the purfling outline of the original. Once the purfling is installed, the outline will be cut to match the actual worn outline of the original, and the arching can then be refined. This process allows me to replicate the uneven distances between the outside edge of the purfling and the outside edge of the plate on the original.




I will be spending the next few days with family for the holidays, and will install the purfling next week. I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment